Determining Factors for Educating Students for Choosing to Work for Foreign Units: Absence of Self-Efficacy
Journal for Educators, Teachers and Trainers,
2021, Volume 12, Issue 2, Pages 11-19
AbstractEducating our students in developing countries such as Vietnam is becoming necessary. So first of all, this study aims to identify factors that impact on students’ decision to work for a foreign company for those who are studying in the field of social sciences and humanities. Based on 508 responses, the results from linear regression analysis shows that Self-Interests, Self-Outcome Expectations (internal factors), University’s Gains, and References (external factors) were factors that affect student workplace choice. Meanwhile, the factor of capacity (“Self-efficacy”) to perform the task (“Working environment”) has no statistical relationship. This result suggests for educational managers, business managers in general and foreign enterprises in particular to coordinate vocational education for students.
- Anderson, J. C. (1988). Structural equation modeling in practice: A review and recommended two-step approach. Psychological Bulletin, 103(3), 411-423.
- Dinh Tran Ngoc Huy, Pham Ngoc Van, Nguyen Thi Thu Ha. (2021). Education and computer skill enhancing for Vietnam laborers under industry 4.0 and Evfta agreement, Elementary education online, 20(4): 1033-1038. Doi: 10.17051/ilkonline.2021.04.112
- Dinh Tran Ngoc Huy, & Dinh Tran Ngoc Hien. (2010). The backbone of European corporate governance standards after financial crisis, corporate scandals and manipulation, Economic and Business Review, 12(4).
- Dung Vu Thi Thuy, Dinh Tran Ngoc Huy, Vu Thi Kim Anh, Nguyen Ngoc Thach, Hoang Thanh Hanh. (2021). Quality of education of ethnic minority communities in vietnam - problems and recommendations, Elementary education online, 20(4): 600-605. Doi: 10.17051/ilkonline.2021.04.65
- Hoang Thanh Hanh, Dinh Tran Ngoc Huy, & Nguyen Thi Thanh Phuong. (2020). Impact of Macro Economic Factors and Financial Development on Energy Projects - Case in ASEAN Countries, Management, 24(2). DOI:10.2478/manment-2019-0051
- Huy, D.T.N. (2015). The Critical Analysis of Limited South Asian Corporate Governance Standards After Financial Crisis, International Journal for Quality Research, 9(4): 741-764.
- Huy, D.T.N. (2012). Estimating Beta of Viet Nam listed construction companies groups during the crisis, Journal of Integration and Development, 15 (1), 57-71
- Huy, D. T.N., Loan, B. T., and Anh, P. T. (2020). Impact of selected factors on stock price: a case study of Vietcombank in Vietnam, Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, 7(4), pp. 2715-2730. https://doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2020.7.4(10)
- Le Thi Thanh Huong, Do Thu Huong, Dinh Tran Ngoc Huy, Nguyen Thu Thuy. (2021). Education for students to enhance research skills and meet demand from workplace - case in vietnam, Elementary education online, 20(4): 606-611. Doi: 10.17051/ilkonline.2021.04.66
- Leung, S. A. (2008). Chapter 6. The Big Five Career Theories. In J. A. Editors: Athanasou, International Handbook of Career Guidance (pp. 118-132). Springer Science + Business Media B.V.
- Mooi, E., & Sarstedt, M. (2011). A Concise Guide to Market Research. The process, data, and methods using IBM SPSS statistics. Heidelberg Dordrecht: Springer
- Ngoc, H. T. (2008). Phan tich du lieu nghien cuu voi SPSS. Ho Chi Minh: Hong Đuc.
- Nunnally, J. B. (1994). The Assessment of Reliability. Psychometric Theory, 248-292.
- Pham Minh Dat, Nguyen Duy Mau, Bui Thi Thu Loan, & Dinh Tran Ngoc Huy. (2020). Comparative China Corporate Governance Standards after Financial Crisis, Corporate Scandals and Manipulation, Journal of Security and Sustainability Issues, 9(3): 931–941. https://doi.org/10.9770/jssi.2020.9.3(18)
- Tabachnick, B. G. (1996). Using Multivariate Statistics (3rd ed.). New York : Harper Collins.
- Vu Thi Thuy Dung, Le Ngoc Nuong, Dinh Tran Ngoc Huy, Nguyen Ngoc Thach, Nguyen Thu Thuy. (2021). Enhancing the capabilities of students after graduation - a case study at university of economics and business administration - thai nguyen university, vietnam, Elementary education online, 20(4): 592-599. Doi: 10.17051/ilkonline.2021.04.64
- Article View: 56
- PDF Download: 24