Formation of foreign language professionally oriented competence of future foreign language teachers with the use of electronic educational resources
Journal for Educators, Teachers and Trainers,
2020, Volume 11, Issue 1, Pages 1-12
AbstractThe study tested electronic educational resources recommended and selected for development of language competencies in future teachers. Motivational, cognitive and communicative criteria were chosen as indicators of professional readiness. The research involved relevant methods and forms of improving language competencies and diagnostic methods. Meanwhile the level of the development of professional competencies was monitored with reasonable adjustment of students’ independent work. The choice of electronic educational resources as the main tool of independent work improves the linguistic communicative competencies of students, activates their search, learning and self-organization; motivates to create their own educational trajectory, and improves the academic performance. The use of electronic resources is not an independent technology for teachers’ training; it requires implementation in the educational process. The effectiveness of these methods of organizing the educational process is 25% of the quantitative composition of the experimental groups, so the subject of the study requires development and implementation in the educational field. The effectiveness of application of the results determines practical value of this article. The offered methods can be applied to students majoring in the Humanities, and in independent language study. This research can be used for development of programs and courses in independent, distance and differentiated learning.
- Afanasieva, L., & Smyrnova, M. (2020). The usage of the achievements of modern information technologies in education. Scientific Notes of Ostroh Academy National University: Philology Series, 8(76), 123-126.
- Ahmadi, M. R. (2018). The use of technology in English language learning: A literature review. International Journal of Research in English Education, 3(2), 115-125.
- Altun, M. (2015). The integration of technology into foreign language teaching. International Journal of New Trends in Education and their Implications, 6(1), 22-27.
- Al-Zoube, M., Abou El-Seoud, S., & Wyne, M. F. (2010). Cloud computing based E-learning system. International Journal of Distance Education Technologies (IJDET), 8(2), 58-71.
- Barhate, S. M., & Narale, S. (2015). Cloud based teaching and learning environment for smart education. International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication, 3(2), 38-41.
- Bauer, K.-O. (2005). Pädagogische Basis kompetenzen. Theorie und Training [Basic pedagogical skills. Theory and training]. Juventa.
- Benson, P., & Voller, P. (2014). Autonomy and independence in language learning. Routledge.
- Bock, A. (2018). The Transformation of School Textbooks into Digital Educational Media. Retrieved from http://repository.gei.de/handle/11428/291?show=full.
- Castañeda, L., Dabbagh, N., & Torres-Kompen, R. (2017). Personal learning environments: Research-based practices, frameworks and challenges. Journal of New Approaches in Educational Research, 6(1), 1-2.
- Donaghue, H. (2015). Changing practice and enabling development: The impact of technology on teaching and language teacher education in UAE federal institutions’. In T. S. C. Farrell (Ed.), International Perspectives on English Language Teacher Education (pp.142-159). Palgrave Macmillan.
- Gilakjani, A. P. (2017). A review of the literature on the integration of technology into the learning and teaching of English language skills. International Journal of English Linguistics, 7(5), 95-106.
- Goyal, A. (2017). 8 Benefits of Adopting Cloud-Based Applications in Education. E-Learning Industry. Retrieved from https://elearningindustry.com/cloud-based-applications-in-education-8-benefits.
- Heift, T., & Schulze, M. (2015). Tutorial computer-assisted language learning. Language Teaching, 48(4), 471-490.
- Institute of Education Content Modernization. (2015). Go Global: National Foreign Language Learning and Promotion Initiative. Retrieved from http://www.imzo.gov.ua/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Natsionalna-programa-vivchennya-ta-populyarizatsiyi-inozemnih-mov-dopovidach-Pavlo-Hobzey.pdf.
- Koper, R. (2014). Conditions for effective smart learning environments. Smart Learning Environments, 1(1), 1-17.
- Kravtsov, H., & Gnedkova, O. (2016). The Use of Cloud Services for Learning Foreign Language (English). International Conference on ICT in Education. Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Kultusministerkonferenz. (2017). Strategie der Kultusministerkonferenz „Bildung in der digitalen Welt.” [The Standing Conference’s “Education in the Digital World” strategy]. Retrieved from https://www.kmk.org/themen/bildung-in-der-digitalen-welt/strategie-bildung-in-der-digitalen-welt.html
- Lee, A. (2015). Authentication scheme for smart learning system in the cloud computing environment. Journal of Computer Virology and Hacking Techniques, 11, 149-155.
- Lorenz, A. (2018). Eine Offene Bildungs ressource (OER) Ist Konsequent Eingesetzt Eine Chance für Den Hochschulzugang: Ein Praxisbericht [An Open Educational Resource (OER) Is Consistently Used An Opportunity For University Admission: A Practice Report]. Medien Pädagogik: Zeitschrift für Theorie Und Praxis Der Medienbildung, 32, 28-40.
- Matthew, E. (2015). Sociocultural theory and second language development. In: B. Van Patten, & J. Williams (eds.), Theories in Second Language Acquisition: An Introduction (pp.207-226). Routledge.
- Mertens, D. M. (2009). Research and evaluation in education and psychology. 3rd ed. SAGE Publications Inc.
- Meurers, D., & Dickinson, M. (2017). Evidence and interpretation in language learning research: opportunities for collaboration with computational linguistics. Language Learning, 67(1), 66-95.
- Mishra, R. C. (2005). Educational research. A.P.H. Publishing Corporation.
- Murray, G. (2014). Social dimensions of autonomy in language learning. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Noh, H. J. (2006). Policy evaluation. 2nd ed. Bupmunsa.
- Sachitra, V., & Bandara, U. (2017). Measuring the academic self-efficacy of undergraduates: The role of gender and academic year experience. International Science Index, Educational and Pedagogical Sciences, 11(11), 2443-2448.
- Siddiqui, S. T., Alam, S., Khan, Z. A., & Gupta, A. (2019). Cloud-based E-learning: using cloud computing platform for an effective e-learning. In: S. Tiwari, M. Trivedi, K. Mishra, A. Misra, & K. Kumar (eds.), Smart Innovations in Communication and Computational Sciences. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (pp. 335-346). Springer.
- Wache, M. (2003). E-Learning – Bildung im digitalen Zeitalter [E-learning - education in the digital age]. Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung.
- Zawacki-Richter, O., & Mayrberger, K. (2017). Qualität von OER: Internationale Bestandsaufnahme von Instrumenten zur Qualitätssicherung von Open Educational Resources (OER) – Schritte zue inem deutschen Modell am Beispiel der Hamburg Open Online University [Quality of OER: International inventory of instruments for quality assurance of Open Educational Resources (OER) - steps towards a German model using the example of the Hamburg Open Online University]. Hamburg Open Online University.
- Zhu, Z.-T., Yu, M.-H., & Riezebos, P. A. (2016). Research framework of smart education. Smart Learning Environment, 3(1), 1-17.
- Zlatea, S., & Cucui, G. (2014). Motivation and performance in higher education. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 180, 468-476.
- Article View: 14,746
- PDF Download: 15,626